What is Safe Space?
Safe Space is a community of practice aimed at sharing medical device industry experiences and practices to facilitate learning and growth among participating member organizations. The community of practice consists of the Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC), The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Health and Social Care Providers, and Medical Device Manufacturers.
The Safe Space process:
- Identify a potential medical device-related safety issue
- Define the scope of an investigation of the issue
- Investigate the issue
- Communicate the investigation’s findings
Participation in Safe Space:
- Participation is voluntary
- Participants share expertise, time, and insights
- Biweekly, 1-hour meetings
- Annual Safe Space Summit
- There is no monetary cost to participate in Safe Space
To learn more about Safe Space, the ongoing studies, or to find out how you can get involved – fill out the Contact Us form below!
Recall Notification Study